Monday, April 19, 2010

Get a grip

My fellow bloggers and I, while being good at many things, are good at shopping. Katie mostly, seeing as Carey and I are broke about 75% of the time. Katie also went to school at the Art Institute for a year, so she does know what she's talking about when we pass judgement. I love clothes, adore them, I've never met a label I didn't love, yet my designer clothes collection is substantially smaller than Katie's, and I guess we've rubbed off on Carey because now, as mentioned earlier, she's obsessed with Tiffany's, and now going to North Park and admiring beautiful clothes. With all that said, a new spring trend that arisen in fashion this season is the Little White Dress, LWD, replacing the LBD of the fall and winter seasons. Now, this is a tricky trend, one that must be executed correctly. While The Three Ninjas admire a brave fashion decision, it is also important to know how to pull off the LWD. Allow me to show examples of what to do, and what NOT to do.

All three of these are examples of NO, just NO NO NO. Just because it's on the Runway, doesn't mean it's okay to wear it to a formal.

This is perfect. Just die for it. With Urban Outfitters, you can never go wrong. This is perfect for either day or night, dress it up or dress it down. Perfect example of dressing down with a fedora, yet dressing it up would be with a beautiful pair of wedges, ah summer dresses :)

This one is a great casual dress. Perfect for summer, beach trip or shopping trip. The quintessential summer day dress.

While we encourage everyone to take fashion risks, we also encourage you to think twice before buying a LWD just because its whats in this season. You can definitely pull off a LWD for a formal event, but it can't be from Group USA, this isn't your wedding, put it back on the rack. If you are to wear a formal LWD, do a little research and make sure you are going to be a fashion icon, not a fashion victim.

I know that this post wasn't so much about our adventures around Arlington, however, it was about our thoughts toward the tricky LWD. From time to time we will use our blog to vent about such fashion mishaps. If you see one near one, report it to The Three Ninjas and we will surely point it out and try and give solutions to the not so fashionable.

Speak of Fashion Icons, Katie and I journeyed to an event hosted by TCU's FIJI chapter this weekend, Casino Night, with our new favorite friend Lacie. We all looked stunning, and we definitely did not fall victim to the fashion gods. I'll end this with some media of how fabulous we looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment