Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alright, that's enough.

So listen, while sitting in maymester, Katie and I have stumbled upon Miley Cyrus' new music video. Now, if my memory serves me correctly, which it usually does, she's 17. Hm. Don't get me wrong, I like Miley Cyrus, I do. I think she's talented and I think if she doesn't go Lindsay Lohan on us she'll have a really successful career. That being said, she's 17. That's a junior in high school, for us MHS alumni, thats only the first year you can go off campus for lunch. She was just able to get into rated R movies. Also, I get that she's an "artist" and that she's trying to break the Hannah Montana teeney-bopper mold, however, wearing a black leather cat suit with big black wings as if you're the dark angel or something while dancing provocatively, in a cage no less, is not appropriate nor classy, nor cute. Let me once again reference Lindsay Lohan, the girl is like 23 and has been in rehab like 45 times, been to jail more than once, and I think she's addicted to cocaine, which is problematic for obvious reasons. Miley Cyrus, please do not head down this tumultuous path that so many child stars have fallen victim to. WHERE are this girls parents? O wait, Billy Ray probably helped her zip up the black leather bustier that she sported during her romp through a cage while awkwardly caressing her collar bone area and moving dangerously close to her, um, bubbies. Shout out Real Housewives of New Jersey fans. Now, I was supportive of her during the whole Vanity Fair thing, it was art, awesome. Now, it's getting out of control. Like 20 minutes ago she was singing "Best of Both Worlds" and hanging out with Mickey Mouse and now she's dancing in a cage, and on polls, and giving older men lap dances? Girlfriend needs to get a grip. My little sister is 12 years old, and not to recently she used to look up to Miley Cyrus, I assure you, she will no longer be a role model to pre-teen girls. I don't care if you're in the limelight, I don't care if paparazzi follow you everywhere you go, be age appropriate. Look at Selena Gomez, they're the SAME AGE and she's certainly not being as raunchy as Miley. It's not time to grow up quite so fast, at least wait until you're legal to become a hot mess. Thanks. Check it out for yourself and let me know your thoughts.

This was at the Teen Choice Awards... which has an audience about 16 and younger. Time and a place Miley.


And, while we're talking about celebrities, Joe Jonas just broke up with Demi Lavato the SAME WAY he broke up with t-swift. Who does homeboy think he is? You are 21, not 13, stop breaking up with girls over the phone during a 42 second phone call. You're not all that and a bag of chips like you think you are. Actually, you're kind of becoming a wash-up. He, also needs to get a grip.

Onto some not as judgmental or soapbox-esque topic. Carey and I went to the midnight premiere of Sex and the City 2 last night. It was breathtaking, it exceeded my expectations, the fashions were to die for, and of course, Carrie Bradshaw was perfection. Don't listen to the reviews, if you are a Sex and the City fan, you will love it. It was funny and heart warming and a true testament to friendship and of course, paid homage to the fashion gods. Why don't people actually dress like that? Maybe they do in New York, certainly not in agtown. I want to see some sparkly gold Louboutin's just because its tuesday. However, people were dressed up to see this movie, like in heels. I know that its Sex and the City, but I also know that we're at the Parks Mall on a Wednesday and straight guys are only there if their girlfriends are making them go. So, sorry bout that.

See Louboutin's, just because. How can you not die for this?

Next post will not be as judgmental or as long for that matter. And we'll actually talk about the fun things we've been doing thus far this summer. Teaser: We're going to the Colonial this Saturday and we went to the Ranger Game last weekend! Pictures to come this weekend of these excellent ArlingFUN events!

As always, keeping it classy and hating on people that don't
The Three Ninjas

No comments:

Post a Comment