Even though we have started our maymester class, and I will then go onto a summer school class. But fear not, this will not stop me from faithfully updating our blog, which normally only happens when I am threatened by Katie. However, this sudden downer in my summer of 2010 will not stop us from living our lives to the fullest. Well, the fullest that I can live mine too because of my limited budget. Katie had to buy my movie ticket this weekend, pathetic. Sidenote: We saw Letters to Juliet with my new girl crush Amanda Seyfried, and it was sappy, but perfect. It also made my desire to go to Italy shoot through the roof, not that it was a low desire or anything, but seeing the beauty that is the Italian countryside just made me want to go even more. Ah, someday.
While sharing with you my pathetic attempts to have a social life while being on a budget, we came up with the idea to share with you, our people, ways to make it through an entire weekend without food. That's right people, I said it, no food. Well, actually, not no food, but very little, and about no money to buy food. My first tip, mainly to myself, get a new job, or just a job in general. But if you have a job and the money just aint flowing, its time to get creative in order to stop your stomach from rumbling. A favorite, "on a budget meal" of mine is the grilled cheese. A throwback meal from our childhood, but a staple if you have $3.00 in your checking account. While I will always be a Target girl at heart, I'm always looking for a good bargain, so for tip number two, try visiting your local Aldi store. A bag of salad at Target is about $3, while at Aldi, they are a measly $.99. What.. a steal. Another go to meal favorite of mine is the PB and J. This sandwich will definitely do in a pinch and can also be made into several different varities. Now friends, a lot of broke college kids will turn to the Ramen noodles, fight the urge to fill your system with sodium and bloat up about 3 pants sizes, fill your system instead with protien and calcium. Now i am not claiming to be any kind of budget nut, AT ALL, I don't know how to save money. However, I do know how to not make myself hungry. Just imparting my wisdom unto you, my friends.

Onto the next order of business. As three southern ladies, yes we are southern, we are from the south and we are ladies. Not southern belles, or debutauntes, shout out to Lacie, but we are southern and we have southern hospitality, and manners, and we take pride in it. Which leads me to our next point. Keep it classy. Now this is just about life in general, but we are setting our sights on facebook. Friends, people look at this stuff, such as employers, parents, relatives. Do you really want your google search to turn up with your facebook ranting about getting wasted and using curse words? Didn't think so. We try to present ourselves in the best way possible because of this. Do you want someone to look at your facebook page, and because of it, you wouldn't be hired for a job? No, you don't. That would suck. Alright, alright, off my soapbox. Just try to keep it classy and simple. This is the internet folks, it can never be taken away, never ever. Just remember this next time you want to drop the "f" bomb on your status or post a picture of you doing a beer bong. Not cute. Or as we might say, get a grip.
Our next blog post won't be so preachy, I promise. We just had some thoughts. If you have some thoughts, feel free to tell us, and our next get a grip section will be dedicated to it. Wish us luck with our maymester and summer school classes.
Keeping it classy,
The Three Ninjas

So, I saw your post about a blog update on facebook, so I thought I would read it aaand as a college girl I would like to say I appreciate the part about keeping it classy on facebook. Many people don't understand that, especially girls and it's time we make them aware of their foolishness :)
ReplyDeletenicely done!
Thank you for being our first commentor and thanks for appreciating our message!
ReplyDelete